I spoke with my friends at Little Flower Hut recently about the etiquette associated with expressing condolences when a loved one passes away and they offered their thoughts to me –
Flowers can be one of the best ways for you to express your emotions. They symbolize love, respect, sympathy, and condolence if someone you know or dear to your heart has passed away. This is the reason why flowers are common at funeral’s – they serve as a visible tribute to the deceased. If you do intend to send a condolence wreath to a relative or a friend, then it’s important you choose the right flowers and make sure that it is presented the best way possible to show the intended respect.
Reasons for Sending a Condolence Wreath
It is important for you to know the value of sending a condolence wreath for someone you know who has passed away. It can be a way for you to show how much you treasure the relationship that you have had together and as a final opportunity to show respect. With so many variations that you can choose from, you really have to know which one to have for the wreath to most fully show your support and sympathy for the deceased and their loved ones. Listed below are some of the reasons why it is necessary that you send flowers at a funeral.
- Sentiment – The idea of sending flowers at a funeral is a simple action to show the value of sentiments. This can be a group of feelings and ideas that you have experienced.
- Belief – Knowing that people before have already been sending funeral flowers, it is expected that you will do the same.
- Freedom of Expression – The simplest way for you to express your emotions when someone dies is to send a condolence wreath. Besides, flowers are known to easily touch the heart.
- Atmosphere – The best way to create a peaceful and warmth ambiance at a funeral service is by using flowers.
- Spiritual Significance – Flowers don’t only signify love and sympathy but they also represent immortality and infinity.
People obviously feel depressed and down if someone they love died. So if you want to show sympathy and respect, then you can think of sending a condolence wreath. Flowers definitely have a symbolic meaning especially in situations where people feel extreme emotions. They are not only a symbol for the living but they also play an important role to the departed. You don’t have to travel from one flower shop to another when searching for a wreath instead you can go online and look for different condolence wreath from different florists where you can have lots of flowers and arrangements to choose from.